Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Monday 30 June 2014

June 30, 2014 - Nanaimo South

IN THESE 20 YEARS


Hey all, it's been a quiet week here on the mission. Things are going back to normal and nothing too out of the ordinary has occurred. However, with President and Sister Tilleman leaving tomorrow morning and the looming possibilty that I will leave the only area on my mission that I have known in the upcoming transfer, it seems likely that it won't stay that way for much longer. The same usual amount of people found and our teaching has been a bit low. We've been working with an East Russian guy named Gannadey and He's awesome! We met him on Friday and taught him the restoration on Saturday. He's 85 years old, Pentecostal, and he loves the bible. We gave him a Russian Book of Mormon, taught him the restoration and he said he would read it.

Bruce is doing well. He didn't come to church this past week since he was sick. We've taught him the plan of salvation. He was a little confused about it at first but it seems like he understands it now. We've also been working with a less active member named Damion who is the brother of another member in our ward. He's a cool guy and wants to start going to church again. We're going to his place this Friday for a hotdog roast the next time we teach him! :)

My birthday is coming up fast and boy do I ever feel old the more I think about it. By July 3 I will have lived a couple decades! It's made me reflect a little on how well I have been taught by my parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family, friends, leaders, and so many others to give me the support throughout my life. I thank you all and I love you.

With Canada day coming up, our ward stood up and sang Oh Canada. I thought a lot as I sang the 4th verse of our national anthem, and it dawned on me that as a missionary, it's like I'm standing on guard for it and helping our ruler supreme by preparing it for the "better day." What a cool feeling! That really makes me proud to be Canadian! :D

With that I will end these brief words. Hope you all have a good week and happy Canada day!

Sincerely,
Elder Maclean Samis   

No comments:

Post a Comment