Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Monday 9 June 2014

June 9, 2014 - Nanaimo, South


I'm in Vancouver right now and Elder Glover and I have taken some time to visit people he knew in West Vancouver, the richest area in the entire nation! MAN, you and Sam would faint if you saw how big some of the houses in Richmond are (where the mission office is) and DIE if you saw some of the places here in West Van! lol. Anyhow finding was rough this week because Elder Glover had to pack and say his final goodbyes to the members he's worked with. He baptized 6 people in Nanaimo which is a good number for BC. :) Anyway, we stopped by a member family called the Baumgarters. They have a really nice place and are some of the kindest people you will ever meet! They fed us pizza and ice cream. Interestingly enough, Sister Baumgarter was born in Edmonton and her family lived really close to the White Ave Chapel! They also know Bishop Nelson and his family! :)
We actually did set a new baptismal date earlier with Bruce. He has a huge hotwheels collection of all things which is pretty sweet. Apparently he has already read the entire book of Mormon and knows it's true! :D
And now for the transfer news: I will be staying once again in Nanaimo and have been put with a new companion by the name of Elder Burns. He has been out a little longer then I have and from what I've heard from Elder Glover he is... excellent. ;) He's out in the Okanagen somewhere though so he needs some time to travel to Richmond for the transfer. I meanwhile, get this... will be staying to work in Surrey for a little while with my old MTC buddy Elder Bonfield! :O I'm stoked to be with him again and catch up and see how he's doing. He's seen a lot of success in his areas from what I've been hearing. Well that's about all there is to report right now. I'd love to write more but I need to email President Tilleman with little time to spare.

Love you all!
Elder Maclean Samis               

 

No comments:

Post a Comment