Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Monday 23 June 2014

June 23, 2014 - Nanaimo South

SICK AGAIN
 
Hello everybody and welcome back to another week of work on the Island. Well things have been productive but also quite rough. Remember that time when I was with Elder Glover and I got sick? Well I'm sick again (though mostly better now.) I somehow caught another cold within just several days of getting over the last one. There's a funny virus going around, and it seems like a lot of people are getting it. Sleep has been scarce for almost the entire week from all the coughing I've been doing during the night.

 
The worst day of the cold was experienced on Friday when I got a fever and my throat swelled up. I took a nap during dinner time and was debating whether or not to go out for prime finding time. Somehow when I looked out of the window of our apartment the spirit told me to go out and told me that I would have the strength to do it. I decided to go and we found an investigator that night as a result! :) The rest of our week was good for finding. In total we found 9 new investigators despite a slow start early on.

 
As for progressing investigators? Tanya has appeared to fall off the face of the earth. However we have began to work with Kevin again. The last time Elder Lawter and I taught him was close to a couple months ago when he failed to keep his word of wisdom commitment, so we stopped by his place again to find out if there was anything we could do to help him overcome his word of wisdom troubles. He told us that he really wanted to quit his addiction habits if it were to be what God wanted him to do. He also has a younger brother who has many of the same problems and is very interested in studying with us! :) We taught them both several times this week and they are loving having us as company. We figure that as we teach them all the lessons that they'll be able to have the faith and desire to live the word of wisdom. 

 
We were also briefly teaching a young Native woman named Chelsey who Elder Glover and I found shortly before he went home. We had a baptismal date set for her on July 25 but sadly when we called her to confirm her appointment, she said that she was comfortable where she was. :( At least we planted a seed.

 
Anyway that's the week! Hope everybody is enjoying their first week of summer! Love you all and I appreciate your support for me as Elder Burns and I continue to labor gladly in Nanaimo!

 

Till next pday,

Elder Maclean Samis             

No comments:

Post a Comment