Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Monday 7 July 2014

July 7, 2014 - Nanaimo South

WELCOMING THE BURTS
 
Well another week gone and you may also say, another mission president. The Tillemans left for Arizona on July 1. They will be greatly missed and I will forever treasure what they taught me in the 5 and a half months in the Canada, Vancouver mission. Less then an hour ago, I met president and I must say that I am liking what I've seen. Both President and Sister Burt have an amazing love for the missionaries here despite not knowing them for very long. Their first training earlier this morning really helped me understand why it's necessary to sacrifice so much to the lord as you serve him. I've been hearing that we'll start working with ipad minis, though I can't say that this is 100% confirmed.

Our finding has been good this week although as you may expect, not too many lessons have gone through as we would have liked. There is however, a very large miracle that was placed in our path when I was on an exchange with Elder Olson last Sunday. His name is Dail and Elder Burns and I taught him a couple times last week, He's a single dad and has a couple of daughters who seemed to not mind listening into the discussion as well. Dail said that he is grateful for that day we came knocking on his door. He's been reading the Book of Mormon quite frequently and has really enjoyed it. We also set a baptismal date for August 2nd and he came to church with his two girls on Sunday! :)

My birthday was a blast! Elder Rolfson and Olson came over for lunch and to my surprise they bought a DQ cake! Then a recent convert, Sasha took us out for lunch at a Thai restaurant downtown. She also bought me the coolest paisley tie as a gift! Then to finish things off we helped Brother B out with some service. We had pizza and another ice cream cake after that. Don't worry we still had enough time to do finding that evening. ;)

Well that's all there is to report at this time. I'm really excited to work with our new mission president and be sure to keep them in your prayers. Love you all and special thanks to those who sent me the birthday wishes.

Sincerely,
Elder Maclean Samis


  

No comments:

Post a Comment