Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Tuesday 26 May 2015

May 25, 2015 - Area 4: Surrey East

Adjusting To The Big City

Hello again everyone, it's been a challenging week here in Surrey East. Navigating the area has been difficult and I'm still adjusting to the contacting we do in Surrey central.

We had a mini missionary come out with us on Friday night and he stayed and worked with us. Brother Leano is 16 and is from the Delta ward. He did great! We went to Surrey Central and he talked to a few people there. He's a quieter guy but he did a great job of stepping out of his comfort zone. It made me reflect on how things were at the start of my mission.

During this mini mission, we taught a man named Jim, Sunday evening. Jim is from the Philippines. We had a great lesson with him. He was invited to be baptized and said he would pray to know if he should. Ammol has been passed on to the Langley YSA Elders. We were unable to see Betty. We couldn't get a member to come out with us to a lesson with her so we couldn't have one. We re-scheduled for this Tuesday.  
We've found a few potentials this week and I'll let you know if any of them turn into anything. Unfortunately, Elder Lawlor  and I don't have much money or much food. We'll do some shopping today and thankfully, the great members of this ward have been taking care of some of our dinners! I'm grateful to be here and for the hardships I've been facing. I know they are making me stronger. There's this old saying that we have here in the mission field that "If things are easy, you're not growing." This will certainly apply well throughout the rest of my life! Enjoy the sunshine as summer gets closer! Till next time,


Elder Maclean Samis

No comments:

Post a Comment