Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Tuesday 31 March 2015

March 30, 2015: Area 3 - Campbell River


Early Transfer Calls

It's that time again, and this time, it came early. Elder Brisco and I got a call on Sunday night instead of the traditional Monday call. Elder Brisco is moving to Richmond South while I'm staying in Campbell River with Elder Hiener. I've been around Elder Hiener only a couple of times. He seems like a really likable guy. A little quiet but loves to have fun! There's no telling what our travel plans are but it seems likely that we'll leave for the ferry terminal on Wednesday morning to Nanaimo. 

What of our week? It certainly went much smoother then the last. Andrian hasn't been contacted for a while now and we've decided to just leave it at that. Maybe she feels pressured somehow. The Nanaimo zone leaders came up for an exchange on Tuesday and we saw a lot of blessing from that. They came up along with Elder and Sister Burns, a senior couple who is stationed in Nanaimo. They were such a big help that day. Elder Brisco and Elder Lewis went to give a lady we found in a trailer park named Mary a tour of the church and a lesson. She's really receptive but isn't quite ready to commit to set a baptismal date. It is however, something she will consider.

Meanwhile Elder Swallow and I talked to a young man named Shayden. Elder Swallow held out a picture of Jesus getting baptized by John and explained to him what proper baptism is. "I need this!" Shayden exclaimed. "I'm all in." Sadly he perhaps wasn't, because he didn't show up for our church tour we were planning. We haven't been able to contact him since.

On Saturday night, I had to use the washroom at a Tim Horton's as we were contacting along the road. During my break, Elder Brisco decided to talk to the young woman next to him. I came out seeing them involved in a conversation about the gospel. It was awesome! She told us that she lived down in Blackcreek, just outside of Campbell River but she was happy to accept the invite to church. She ended up getting busy and being unable to come but told us via text that she would be happy to meet with us at the same Tim's Monday at 8:00pm.

I believe I forgot to mention in my previous email that the week before last Elder Brisco and I traveled  with Bishop Cox up to Sayward, a small logging town, to help reactivate the members. We weren't all that successful, but we did see some great scenery along the way by the waterfront. Here are a few pictures I've taken since arriving in Campbell River.


Here's Elk Falls

Here's a look at the shore of Quadra Island

Here's Sayward!

Thanks to to new SD card reader I picked up at Staples today, you'll be seeing photos more often. Till next week when I'm in my new companionship,

Elder Maclean Samis

No comments:

Post a Comment