Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Saturday 11 October 2014

October 6, 2014 - 2nd Area: Clearbrook (Abbotsford)

A Wonderful Conference

It's been a slow week here at the Brook. We weren't able to meet with too many of our investigators this week. We saw Charles last night and he's having thoughts about being baptized. The other appointments we set with people seemed to flake out on us. Lots going on in peoples lives I guess. The temple trip on Tuesday was a nice experience. It's also been a bit more relaxing with general conference sessions to go to throughout the weekend. It's the closest thing a missionary will get to a relaxing day outside of p day. The weather has continued to cooperate so there are many blessings to count despite the hard luck with our new friends.

I've spent too much cash over the past week. There were a lot of office supplies to buy and we had to eat out a lot with all the traveling. On Wednesday we went to Karl's Junior which turned out to be a good place to go. Expensive and bad for you, but still really tasty! :) After that Elder M and I drove out to Chilliwack for an exchange. We knocked on a lot of doors and visited a couple of families. We ate dinner with the S family. They're an awesome family with 3 daughters and a son. When I told them that I had served in Nanaimo, they broke into conversation about how they lived there a few years ago and asked me if I knew this family and that. It was an awesome visit! 

It was Brother N. birthday on Saturday night so we dropped by his place real quick to give him a card that Elder Lamb made. You have to see it to believe how funny it was! I'll be sure to take a picture of it (if I can remember) the next time we go to visit the N family.     

Really other then what I've mentioned above there isn't too much to say except general conference was excellent! I loved Jeffery R Holland's talk about caring for the poor. Elder Christofferson's talk about keeping your standards far from the world's really spoke to me as well. David A Bednar's talk to those who are not members of the church was easily my favorite of the Sunday sessions. I would recommend it to anyone who is unfamiliar with what the church teaches. It'll be very helpful and help them understand what a missionaries purpose is. 

Well that's all for now. Here's hoping that this week will be more productive for us. Enjoy the fall everybody!

Elder Maclean Samis         

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment