Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Tuesday 14 October 2014

October 13, 2014 - 2nd Area: Clearbrook (Abbotsford)

A Transfer of Thanksgiving

As yet another transfer closes, the Thanksgiving weekend has arrived. It's been a lot more chilly as winter gets closer. Sadly, not much has occurred in the following up of our investigators.   

I went on a couple of exchanges this week, the first of the two was in Chilliwack on Tuesday. I got to drive for about the 3rd time in my mission which was nice. Elder Koanohi and I taught a lesson with our ward mission leader, Brother Olson. The lady we taught is Christina. She is from Sudan and has 3 kids, one of them is 19 and is named Akol. It was a difficult lesson to teach with the 2 younger kids running all over the place and making noise but in the end, she said we could come back on Sunday. We couldn't see her on Sunday in the end since she was going to her cousins' house for Thanksgiving dinner. 

There was a zone meeting on Wednesday in which it was made official that working with the members became the number one priority. Rather then just sharing a quick spiritual thought, we will from now on teach a principle from one of the 5 lessons. 

Thursday I went on the other exchange, this time with Elder Davis. We knocked on a lot of doors that day and for the first time I got a taste of what knocking doors is like in the Bible Belt of the lower mainland. There were a lot of people that weren't very happy to see us. The day ended on a high note though when we went over to the Noftles' home for dinner. That family just makes my day!

Friday we helped a family move into the word named the Bambas. They are from the Philippines and used to be in the ward a few years ago. 

Sunday evening we went to the Hara family's home for Thanksgiving dinner. They had a few less active relatives visiting from Kelowna.   

Not too worried about getting moved. It's very likely we will both be staying. Well since it's thanksgiving, I suppose I should make a list of what I am thankful for. I am thankful for my family and for all they have done in helping me prepare for this mission and the rest of my life. I am also thankful for my mission president, my companion, and the members of the Abbotsford 2nd ward. I am thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and am proud to serve as one of the Lord's missionaries. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend! 

Elder Maclean Samis   

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment