Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Monday 7 April 2014

April 7, 2014 - Nanaimo South


HOPE
Hello again everyone! It's been a good week in terms of finding. Elder Lawter and I have found five new investigators, all of which are very solid. I have the feeling that we'll finally get the lessons we've been waiting for. It was great hearing from the authorities during general conference this past weekend. Elder Holland's talk about courage to stand up for your beliefs really touched me. John Wayne once said that "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." It's been odd thinking that there was a time when I thought that I could not serve a mission. I'm sure glad that I haven't missed out now that I'm here!

Elder Lawter and I taught a man name Steve a couple times this past week. He seems interested to learn but we aren't really that sure about his commitment level. He was baptized a Catholic and seems confused about a lot of the things the Bible says, so it's been great using the Book of Mormon to help him out!  We are seeing him next week and it sure feels good to teach an investigator for the first time in a while. Clara Jones' appointment didn't work out this week. We gave her a call a few hours later and she said we could come back another Tuesday so we'll see how that goes.
 

I haven't really talked about our apartment life much in my posts so I will now. Elder Lawter is a culinary student back home in Las Vegas so I've been learning a lot from him when it comes to cooking! We've been buying the groceries to make plenty of salads. The only trouble is they aren't very filling. I'm a little worried that I may be losing weight (YIKES!) so I've been working out quite hard to insure I gain muscle. The idea of losing weight has always been a  bit scary for me as I'm already scrawny enough. The trouble is gaining muscle for me is a bit like trying to plant carrots on Mars and expecting them to grow. I can finally do forty push ups at a time so maybe it's counting for something!

I'm also feeling tired all the time which is to be expected. I'm pretty sure if you aren't tired on your mission you're probably doing something wrong. I sleep well but it doesn't feel like I get nearly enough of it once I wake up.

That's the week. I'm trying to shorten my reports each week since I have other emails to send. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and I express my thanks. Love you all!

Elder Maclean Samis 




No comments:

Post a Comment