Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Wednesday 5 August 2015

August 3, 2015 - Area 4: Surrey East

The Departure of Elder Lawlor August has come. It's as hot and dry as ever in Surrey. The grass is dead and brown and Elder Lawlor has left us as another transfer comes to a close. He flies out to Japan Wednesday at noon. Elder Tolman and I are still in Surrey and the tri will resume with a new Elder coming in whose last name is Shelly. We don't know anything about him. Today, Elder Lawlor is traveling around Burnaby with one of the Spanish Elders who is also going home, Elder Woolf. His companion, Elder Erasmus has been placed with me and Elder Tolman before he moves on to be transferred to Courtney on Vancouver Island, not so far from Campbell River. Its been 3 months since I was last there already and it appears that it will be at least another month and a half in Surrey before moving into what will likely be my final area. Its been a good week. Lots of traveling around saying goodbyes to people Elder Lawlor knew. He was pretty trunky the first half of the week but got really nervous about going home the final few days before he left us. He's been a great missionary and we will miss him. We taught Ian a couple times, once on Thursday and once Yesterday. On Tuesday we taught the Law of Chastity which he has no concerns with and then tithing on Monday which he seems a little more concerned about. While with Elder Woolf, Elder Lawlor also found a guy named Ritchie who is apparently very solid. He's down to meet with us at 6:00 pm. We'll pray that goes well! We haven't heard from Sara and Jay since their move so far. We'll keep trying. Speaking of moves, we helped Sister Plante move on Friday. The west Elders and a few of the ward members came to help. It took quite a while but I didn't complain. I'm in dire need of more muscle so I'm happy to help people move when the time arrives! Just in case anyone is wondering about my weight, it's still the same as its been for almost my entire mission. Perhaps my overall physic has changed a little now that I'm about a year and a half older but every time I step on the scale it reads pretty much the same thing... As I mentioned, Elder Lawlor left us Sunday night and we've been having a great time with Elder Erasmus. Though he was born in England, he's lived in Calgary for most of his life. His Spanish is quite good although he is being pulled from Spanish work. He's been out for about 6 months now. We went to Boston Pizza yesterday which was the first and last time I'll go there on my mission because of how pricey it is. Those wings were some of the best tasting food I've sunk my teeth into in quite some time! As the new transfer opens, there's a lot to look back on and a lot to look forward to. I have had some hard trials here but at least its making me better. Just as they say about a good work out, if it doesn't hurt, you're NOT DOING IT RIGHT! With that in mind, I better keep going before the remaining time I have left runs out. Keep on enjoying the summer and until this Monday, farewell! Elder Maclean Samis

No comments:

Post a Comment