Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Tuesday 13 January 2015

January 13, 2015 - Area 2: Clearbrook (Abbotsford)

1 YEAR, 2 AREAS 

I apologize about the fact that I'm emailing a day late. We had a temple trip today, so our p-day got moved to today after the trip was over. Lo and behold, I am still in Clearbrook. Elder Lamb meanwhile has been moved to White Rock to become a zone leader. My new companion is Elder Johnson who came out at the same time as me. We didn't know each other very well though since we weren't in the same MTC district.

Elder Johnson is from Ephriam, Utah and has been great working with so far. It's a good thing too because it's been a rough transfer week. On Monday night we got the call from the assistants and Tuesday, Elder Lamb said his last goodbyes to our investigators and beloved ward members. Wednesday morning, Elder Lamb and I had to drag ourselves out of bed at 5:00 am so that we could go to Mission. Elder Lamb went to White Rock with Elder Pettilot and Elder Butler while I went with Elder Engalsted and Elder Orr to Vancouver to grab Elder Johnson and take him to Clearbrook. The rest of the day we did a lot of finding and a visited a couple of members.

We taught very few lessons this week and went out finding with not too much to write about. We found a couple of people who we thought had potential but both of them blew off their return appointments the following day. We did teach Nolan at Brother Taylor's house and discussed baptism with him on Thursday. He seems a little worried about changing too many things about his life style when he does. We're still teaching him.

We saw Garry a couple times, once on Wednesday and once yesterday. We've brought Brother Newman with us both times and he's been a great true friend for him. We taught the Law of Chastity in our most recent visit and its now up to him to get married to his common-law wife at some point. It won't be an easy choice for him to make if he commits, so please everybody pray hard for him!

I can't really give a lot of details about much else. I've realized that I don't know my area as well as I should and it's been easy to get lost. I think it's easier to navigate your area if you're the one driving most of the time. Between our trip to the temple, and to Vancouver, and getting lost our KM allotment has been destroyed and it's not even half way through the month. Have a great week everybody!


Elder Maclean Samis   

No comments:

Post a Comment