Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Tuesday 2 September 2014

September 1, 2014 - Nanaimo South

THE LONG SHORT STORY

Well folks just as you can be sure that every summer has it's ending, a missionary will get transferred to a different area (eventually). August has come and gone fast and so has this past transfer. Now here I am with the pending possibility of receiving a call that will change my life... you know, that call that takes you to a new area for the first time? I'm sure a lot of you former missionaries can relate.

I will be brief with this weeks letter as I don't have much time. Over the past few weeks, the Nanaimo Sisters have been getting a number of baptisms. One of the two is going home on Wednesday so it seems like she's ended her mission on a spiritual high for sure which is great.

Kevin is still struggling mightily with the word of wisdom and missed church yesterday :(, Bruce is doing better. His baptism has been pushed back to Oct 4, but I'm sure he'll pull through. Over the last lesson we taught him we taught about the importance of following the prophet. He loves to read so we read a conference talk from President Monson all about loving one another. With the high possibility of me moving on, I gave Bruce one of my ties for one of his hot wheels as a nice little keep sake at the end of the lesson.

This week we found a couple of potential investigators. One of them is Desike, a young woman from Nigeria who came to Canada literally a day before we tracted into her! She said she wanted to go to church and we gave her the address but she didn't show up. The same can be said about Amanda who we talked to on Saturday. She had just moved in a town complex with her husband and a couple of kids. She said that she had been looking at a lot of churches and is wondering which is right. She said that she wanted to come to church the next morning but didn't.  

Yesterday Elder Olson caught a ferry to Richmond where he will be interviewed to become an assistant to President Burt. It's hard to see him go but I wish him well and know that he will do excellent. Elder Rolfson has been put in a tri with us until the transfers go through. Well the next time you get my email I may be in another part of the province, until then enjoy the long weekend and I'll talk you all later!
 
Much love from,

Elder Maclean Samis 

 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment