Still in Nanaimo for now

Still in Nanaimo for now
Elder Samis on the ferry

Friday 11 December 2015

December 7, 2015 - Area 5: Port Coquitlam

Caroling in the Rain  (featuring the S. family)

There seems to have been a lot more people then usual being kind to us ever since we heard the bad news about Jignesh. Elder Okamoto and I will be texting him sometime this week to see how he's doing and determine what to do from there. Last night before we had dinner at a members house we tracked a certain street where we found 3 people who said we could come back and share more!

Transfers have passed and it has been confirmed that I will finish my mission in Port Coquitlam. It's a great thing too because my companion and I are really starting to click with the members of the ward! I was honestly scared of having Christmas so close to the time I go home, but I feel like things have been working out really nicely lately.  There hasn't really been a lot to be discouraged about. 

We've been working with a very kind lady named Mel who was passed to us by the Port Moody Sisters when they discovered she lived in our area. We taught her for the first time on Tuesday with Our ward mission leader's son, Jared, who has been a great help to us since returning from the Canada, Montreal Mission. The lessons he's helped us teach often involve him saying a lot. It is evident that he was an excellent teacher on his mission!

On Wednesday night we saw Jessi and Victor with Brother S. Jessi and her son were sick and Victor has been feeling pretty stressed about work lately so we gave them all priesthood blessings. I marveled at how easily I forgot the words to the annointing part. Guess it had been a while since I had last done it. A few days later, Jessi expressed to us via text that all of them were feeling a lot better!

Early Saturday morning we walked and tracted this one street where a white house with bright yellow trim caught my eye. The spirit told me to go there right away and sure enough, we met a man named Simon! He's a great guy, born in Iran and has lived in North America for 30 years. He apparently investigated the church some years ago but stopped because he ended up moving to Washington for a while.
   
Saturday was also the night of the ward Christmas activity. Before it, we went caroling with the S family which was a lot of fun despite the heavy December rain. I still can't tell you how odd it is seeing rain this time of year. It's Just WRONG. At the party we saw Simon and he brought his son Eli with him. We talked with them during most of the activity. Jessi, Victor, and their kids also came to the party. It seems like almost everyone in the ward knows them so we didn't have to worry about them as they sat with the S and the W families having a great time.

So, after the conclusion of one of my longer emails in a while, I wish you all the best at the start of this holiday season. Cheers and thank you for your prayers and support!


Elder Maclean Samis

No comments:

Post a Comment